Class members look for the small LOG IN sign at the bottom of this page.
Although this archived class is an independent study now, you may still come along for the ride. SKETCHBOOKERY, which debuted in 2014, is an in-depth look into how & why I keep a sketchbook. It’s my unique point of view laid out in video/blog post format. Everything I know about sketching I learned from playing in my sketchbook. No matter how my drawings turn out I just KEEP GOING. You know why? Because keeping a visual record of my life is FUN! I want to share every single last thing I know about the process with YOU. Then I want you to dive in and start peddling. I believe experiential learning is the best kind. Just DO IT. No one learns to ride a bike by reading a manual or wrapping their brain around a complex set of techniques. They hop on and peddle as fast as they can! Experience is the best teacher. So with that in mind… Let’s sketch!
Keeping a sketchbook isn’t just for artistic savants. Heck no! Anyone can learn to draw and anyone can learn to take their drawings, even the ones that look like a chimp sketched them…and make some cool sketchbook pages. And you know what? I’m totally going to show you how to do that. Monkey see. Monkey do. Cool sketchbook? Gotcha covered there too. We’re stitching up a beauty. Previous drawing experience totally irrelevant. Sense of humor & positive attitude essential.
- 1 yr access to class blog/videos $35
- full access to all archived class materials in their entirety from the moment you register (including all 44 videos)
- 1 PDF with detailed stitch instructions
- video instruction suitable for beginners – you can do this!
- lots of sketching demos & lots of sketchbook pages created from start to finish
- a dose of motivation & inspiration to start or resume your sketchbook practice
- detailed supply info – my favs – I’ll show you EXACTLY what I use and why
- sketchbook pages featured above are from my past sketchbooks and are similar, but not identical, to page demos made in class
- in this archived version of Sketchbookery, I no longer offer support or answer questions (I can’t remember the answers!)
You’ll need a high-speed connection, and up-to-date computer to access the class blog. An ipad will also work. A full understanding of how to navigate a website is essential.
If you find yourself needing more time to finish SKETCHBOOKERY, regardless of when you registered or when your membership expired, you may purchase a 1 yr. extension for $35. Email me to begin the process
2% of the proceeds from the first 2 live sessions of this class were donated to the following charities: